Friday, August 1, 2014

30 Day Clean Eating Challenge

I haven't had a blog post in a while and I don't have a good excuse as to why.  I may be into fitness and healthy, but like everybody else, I'm human.  I lost my focus and fell off track.  I was doing my workouts here and there, but not consistently.  I don't even want to talk about how bad my eating has been!  It's like I'm pregnant again...but I'm not...seriously, I'm not.

I've had this knot in my stomach for a while now.  Guilt has been building in me, but it's not from how bad I've been eating.  It's from how I've slacked in feeding my own child healthy foods.  Here I am, a Beachbody coach AND a very involved mother who loves her girls!  I have no excuse for choosing unhealthy foods to feed my 3 year old.  Absolutely no excuse.  I buy the food and I have the power to choose what she eats.

I am guilty of feeding my daughter Mac N Cheese serveral times a week.  This is not ok!  A bigger problem that I've had is people around us who feed my child (my other baby is 9 months old so I don't have to worry too much about her yet) unhealthy foods.  NO CHILD NEEDS COOKIES AND CAKE EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Let me repeat that.  NO CHILD NEEDS COOKIES AND CAKE EVERY SINGLE DAY.

 August is a new month.  I am committing to being a good example for my children.  I WILL make healthy clean choices 100% of the time for me and my children.  I WILL NOT let others feed my children unhealthy foods every day.  I WILL NOT care what others think of my choice to eat clean.  I won't let others make me feel bad for feeding my children healthy foods.  If I have to sound mean to get people to know how serious I am about this, I will.  You have been warned!  We hear about child obesity all the time, but what are we doing to stop it?  I won't allow my children to become victims of this. 

I am going to be a good example.  By doing this, I will be a better, healthier me.  We all win!  I challenge all of you to do the same.  I think my biggest challenge of all is getting my husband on board.  I love him and wish he would see the value in eating healthy.  Wish me luck on that one!

On a side note, I'm starting to read the Grain Brain.  I've had a hard time thinking straight lately and I'm hoping that starting this will clear my head!  It follows clean eating, but has more guidelines.  I'll blog about that one another time.  Right now I just want to focus on clean eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment