Saturday, October 11, 2014

BBQ Chicken Chili

I love regular chili, but sometimes it's nice to change it up. This recipe is simple and won't break the bank.

What you need:
2tsp sea salt
2Tbsp chili powder
2 cloves of minced garlic
12 oz Can of diced tomatoes
1/2 cup all natural BBQ sauce
2 Tbsp honey
2tsp pepper
1lb shredded cooked chicken
Can of kidney beans
Can of cannelli beans
1/4 cup diced onions
1/2 cup of chopped red peppers (or pepper of choice)
2Tbsp coconut oil

I've put approx. Measurements on the seasonings. I honestly change the amount every time depending on what I think it needs.

Instructions:
In a medium sauce pan over medium heat melt your coconut oil. Add onions and peppers. Cook until they are soft (5 min.).  Add in chili powder, garlic, pepper, salt. Cook over medium low for a few minutes. At this point I like to use a medium-large pot. I pour the tomatoes, bbq sauce, honey, chicken and beans in over medium heat. Then add in everything from the sauce pan. Cook for about 7-10 minutes over medium heat. Add spices to your liking and enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment